How to Clean Your Tub Naturally - Even When It's Really Gross
Bathrooms are a places that are easy to get dirty, and sometimes feel hard to get clean. I've found the zero waste bathroom cleaning routine to actually feel more effective than traditional, harsh chemical methods!
I've been cleaning our tub with a vinegar spray, but recently we had an incident when we had to go through a lot of headache to unclog the drain in our bathtub/shower. Unfortunately this process brought up a lot of not so savory stuff from the drain and really dirtied our tub. I was questioning if my all natural methods were actually going to cut it.
Luckily for me, they totally did! The simple combo of baking soda and vinegar did way better than I ever could have hoped! So whether you're just looking to give your tub a quick scrub, or you're needing to take care of some real nasty stuff, I've got you covered!
- Water-Vinegar Solution - 1:3 Vinegar:Water
- you can add a few drops of castile soap if you want!
- 1 Box Baking Soda
- Spray your vinegar solution all over the tub so that it is thoroughly covered
- Dust the tub with baking soda, go a little heavy in dirtier areas
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes
- Spray again with vinegar solution
- Let sit for another 10-30 minutes
- Scrub with a rag until all the grime has been wiped from the tub. This sometimes takes a little elbow grease!
- Throw out leftover baking soda if there's a lot, otherwise rinse it down the drain and let the tub run for a few minutes to clear it.
- Repeat if needed, though one round is usually enough.