Easy DIY Lip Balm
Living in high and dry Colorado can really do a number on lips and skin. I tend to use a lot of lip balm and have been able to get by with what I already had on hand up until recently, I've just started to run low so have started making my own, and its super easy!
- 1 part grated beeswax
- 2 parts coconut oil
- 2 parts shea or coco butter
- 15-20 drops of essential oil of choice (optional)
- I used lavender
- 1 pinch dried flowers of choice (optional)
- these are really more for aesthetics than anything else but they should continue
- pour about an inch of water into a pan
- place a small glass jar into the pan and set stove heat to medium
- once warm, add beeswax, coconut oil, and shea/coco butter
- once all components are melted add in the essential oil
- Pour into reusable jars and let cool completely (1-2 hours) before using
And that's it! Enjoy your new, non-toxic, homemade lip balm!