Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cilantro Pasta
This is a super easy dish that I make in the Fall / Winter, when Brussels sprouts are in season!
1-1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts, halved
3-5 Tbsp Olive Oil (more if you want!)
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1/2 lbs linguine pasta
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 - 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped *optional, you can replace with parsley, or nothing at all if you don't like cilantro!
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 35 min
- Preheat oven to 425 F (450 F if at elevation)
- Prepare Brussels sprouts by trimming the ends and cutting them in half, if there are loose leaves mixed in, that's totally fine! (they turn into crunchy snacks)
- Toss the chopped Brussels sprouts in 3-4 Tbsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper. You want the Brussels sprouts to all be thinly coated with oil.
- Pour Brussels sprouts onto a baking sheet, you want there to be plenty of room in and around them on the pan
- Roast Brussels sprouts uncovered for 20-30 min, stirring occasionally, or until edges are brown and crisped
- While Brussels sprouts are roasting, bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta and cook until soft.
- Mince two cloves of garlic and heat them in a sauce pan on low heat with 1-2 Tbsp olive oil.
- When pasta is done, drain, and toss in the pan with garlic and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Throw the cilantro in with pasta for about 1 min.
- Mix cilantro pasta with crisped Brussels sprouts in a bowl, or serve separately and enjoy!