Easy Baked Spaghetti Squash
So honestly, you can cook pretty much any squash this way, but it's my favorite (and absolutely the easiest) way to cook spaghetti squash!
Despite the name, I don't use spaghetti squash as a replacement for pasta. I just use it as either a main or side dish in whatever I'm cooking.
1 medium sized spaghetti squash
2-5 Tbsps olive oil
Salt n' pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Oil a baking sheet
- Cut the squash in half, lengthwise (the long way)
- Scrape out the seeds and other squashy stuff.
- you can also bake the seeds for a yummy snack! You can toss them in butter or oil and bake for about 20-25 min in your 350 F oven. Check every ten min while cooking b/c once they burn they burn fast!
- Drizzle your squash halves with olive oil and season with salt and pepper as your heart desires. I prefer to go heavy on the pepper.
- For an extra kick you can use some cayenne pepper too!
- Place your squash, cut-side down, onto the oiled baking pan.
- Place into oven and roast 35-45 min, or until tender
- you should be able to spear the squash with a fork or butter knife and meet no resistance once through the skin
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10-15 min, or until cool enough to handle
- Scrape the squash flesh out using a fork to create longish strands