DIY Rice Heat Pack and Herb Sachet
Today I am going to show you how to make use of some small bags that toiletries and jewelry come in. This is a super simple DIY and should take less than 10 min!
I received gifts in both of these bags over the holiday season. The flower one had jewelry and is a cotton material, the mesh one had soap and is probably polyester or nylon.
No Sew Scented Rice Heat Pack:
- 2-4 cups of rice (preferably bought in the bulk section!)
- 2-3 tbsp. of lavender (or your preferred herb)
- Small gift bag made of cotton, or other natural material
- Place 1/2 cup of rice into the sack at a time
- Adding a pinch of lavender (or your favorite herb) in between each 1/2 cup
- Repeat until your bag is full
- Tie off, and you're good to go!
How to Use:
As a heat pack: microwave for about 1-3 min (depending on the size of your bag) for a heat pack.
As a cold pack: place in freezer until needed, 2 hours minimum
No Sew Herb Sachet:
- 1-4 cups of your preferred herb (I will be using lavender and lemongrass)
- Small gift bag made of any material
- Place the desired amount of each herb in the sack
- Tie off, and you're done!
How to Use:
Place your sachet in your car, closets, drawers, bathroom, pillow, or wherever you want to smell nice!
And there you go! Super simple DIY. If you don't have any small bags like these, you can easily make these by sewing scrap fabric.