Mountain Dog Products
We've been using the same ratty, hand-me-down leash for the past three years for our dog, Piper. But it's finally run it's course. We're keeping it in the car as a spare just in case, but I wanted to find a dog leash made from recycled materials.
Enter, Mountain Dog. I was looking for a company that at least made ropes out of recycled material, but Mountain Dog actually up-cycles old climbing ropes! This means that after a climbing rope has served its initial purpose of keeping climbers safe, it is cut and transformed into a leash! This is fantastic for several reasons:
- This keeps the climbing ropes out of landfills
- Since climbing ropes are made to withstand very high tension, they will never snap or break on your dog
- All Mountain Dog leashes are assembled by hand in the U.S.A. by sweatshop-free labor
- The company claims that their leash will last at least 6.7 times longer than any other leash in the world.
- If you find this not to be true or aren't satisfied with your leash they have a lifetime guarantee: No questions. No conditions. No time limit.
For more on how to have a zero waste dog check out this post!